If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (314) 638-7749

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

3 Things You Should Know About Mold

4/15/2019 (Permalink)

Mold is everywhere and is therefore a common occurrence in many buildings.

Mold can be a frustrating problem for a Affton, MO business, but you may find comfort in knowing that you are not alone. Mold is everywhere and is therefore a common occurrence in many buildings. Mold remediation can help to remove the problem and keep your business running smoothly. Here are answers to a few questions that you may have about mold.

1. What Is Mold?

Mold is a fungus that can be found in many environments, both indoors and outdoors. It spreads through mold spores and grows best in warm, moist conditions. There are many different species of mold, most of which are not harmful. However, some molds release a mycotoxin that can have more damaging effects.

2. Why Does Mold Have an Odor?

The reason that mold smells the way it does is because of the mycotoxin that it produces. It is a toxic substance that can create a very strong odor. Because of this, you will sometimes be able to smell the mold in your building before you see it. If you have a musty odor in your building, you can be almost certain that this is the cause.

3. How Can You Get Rid of Mold?

This question is a bit more complicated. Because mold is present nearly everywhere, it is not really possible to get rid of it completely. However, a professional mold remediation service can help. Its professionals will clean up any areas that have excessive mold growth and can also help prevent it from returning and causing damage to the building. Because mold thrives in moist environments, keeping up with regular maintenance and repairing any leaks right away are a good way to prevent further problems.

Mold can grow quickly, so if you see a growth or smell an unpleasant odor from the mycotoxin, don’t ignore it. Calling a professional service to help remove the fungus as soon as possible is the best course of action.

Other News

View Recent Posts