Fire and Smoke Damage in an Affton Family Room
New owners moved from St. Louis to this Affton home and promptly lighted up their new fireplace before they had even fully unpacked. To their consternation, the flue cap closed and the smoke billowed into the living quarters. We suggested having the smoke and soot coated art shipped to our facilities for a good and safe return to pre-loss condition. They agreed, and we are getting ready to pack-out the items. We proceeded to dry sponge the smoke covered areas of the room and the next day we prime coated the ceiling which was stained beyond salvaging without a paint job. Overnight we used an ozone machine to help eliminate odors as the family stayed in a motel. We did our best to relieve their stress level, and within a few days they were happy and almost felt "Like it never even happened." Trust SERVPRO for help.